sábado, 7 de agosto de 2010

no more running for me...

No more running for me, no sir. The universe has spoken, and I'll listen, for once.

Today, i limped my way to the hospital to get some x-rays or something so that i know what happened. When I arrived, they ushered me to the IR room, and as the doctor arrived i started telling him about my menisci and my dr-house diagnostic. he looked slightly pissed ( i bet all these tv dr shows have caused a lot of people thinking that bay watching the, they r just as good as anyone who did 9 years in med school). While I rambled about all the analysis i googled i should get done, he looked at my knee touched it, pulled it, twitched it and then asked me about how the pain was. When I replied, he smiled and said he was sorry to inform me that, sadly, we didnt need a helicopter to take me from cancun to mexico city, and that i didnt have a broken menisci. I just had Bursistis. Bursitis is basically a small bag-like area in the knee, that when a muscle is injured, fills up with liquid and causes the pain i had.

"are you positive? because i'm almost sure I have broken menisci"
"yes, im positive"
"you sure? wouldnt you feel better with an xray?"
"no, Im possitive, you have bursitis, not broken menisci. Trust me"
"but…"
"you have bursitis"

I smiled, he gave me painkillers, a recipe and ordered me to rest the whole weekend and give him a call on monday to see when i can run again.

So… i'll have a tranquil weekend watching tv and with my family, no running or any strenuous activity.

To tell you the truth, the lazy girl inside of me is jumping up and down.



No hay comentarios: